For me, the Back to School season didn’t end when I graduated from college. I took a job in retail, so this time of year has turned into something way more hectic than it used to be when I casually perused the aisles of Office Max in search of some freshly colored writing utensils. (Gel pens, anyone?) But even now, as an adult and a student only of life, when August quickly creeps in to signify the end of summer, something in me still feels the need to shop like I used to when I was heading back to school.
So, in the spirit of Back to School, I’ve compiled a list of my August must-haves.
1. Ray-Ban Aviator Gradient. Aviator sunglasses are a classic that will never go out of style. The gold metal goes perfectly with every summer tan.
2. Birkenstocks are back! I’m loving the Gizeh sandals in Antique Lace. These lightweight and versatile sandals are perfect for any casual occasion, and – let’s be honest – a more comfortable sandal doesn’t exist.
3. In my opinion, the most beautiful time of year is when the leaves begin to change to those beautiful fall colors. Urban Outfitter’s Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera is like a modern Polaroid camera that produces crisp images instantly! Shoot away!
4. Fruit-flavored beers are pretty hit-or-miss, but I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews about the 21st Amendment Brewery’s Hell or High Watermelon wheat beer.
5. Be the hostess with the mostest with Uncommon Good’s Slate Lazy Susan! Serve your friends and family your favorite snacks, and use the chalk to leave little details about how best to enjoy them!
6. Fight away evil spirits with this Evil Eye ring from Bauble Bar. Not to mention, it’s simple and stunningly glam. (And only $24!)
7. If philanthropy is your thing, get your morning buzz on with the help of Toms Certified Organic Single-Origin Peru coffee. Peruvian coffees are known for their gentle sweetness and creamy body, so this is a brew that every coffee-lover will enjoy. Bonus? With every bag of coffee you purchase, Toms will give one week of clean water to a person in need.
8. Dress up your phone for the season with this Mint Floral Rifle phone case!
9. The Inspired Home is a book that highlights the homes of renowned aesthetes, and shows how simple and intentional home decor gives a sense of life to these living spaces. Give your home a simple make-under based the inspiring photos found in this book.
10. Transition from summer to fall in this your new go-to LBD. The Mock Neck Kate dress is effortlessly cool, and – with just a few layers – can last you all year round.
What are your Back to School must-haves?