Tomorrow morning, I am leaving on a jet plane. Don’t know when I’ll be back again. Actually, I’m leaving on some kind of Southwest aircraft, and will be back next Wednesday night. I digress. First stop: Memphis for Hailey and Dan’s wedding! Then, I’m scooting over to Nashville for a few days with my very best friend.
As I’m pacing around my house, sorting through laundry and shoving (too many) clothes into my suitcase, I’m making a mental note of the things I need to survive and keep myself entertained as we go up, up and away.
- A portable cell phone charger. This is the 21st century, after all.
- Archer Farms Caramel Cashew Trail Mix. The perfect mix of salty and sweet.
- A wide brim, floppy hat. I’m not positive that this serves any kind of legitimate purpose, but my friend Madison looked like a straight up celeb walking through the airport last weekend. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, right?
- My iPad. Ever since I received this gift for Christmas, I’ve hardly gone a day without it. Besides, I’ve got a few games of Trivia Crack to win.
- A pack of gum. Changing altitudes, bad breath, there a multitude of reasons why having gum on hand at all times is a good idea.
- A bottle of blk water. Blk water is fulvic-enhanced, all-natural mineral water, which is basically scientific jargon for “a really good thing to drink before and after a night of wild wedding celebrations and a three days with your best friend.” Trust me.
- Sunglasses. Sun in the sky, not in my eyes. Pretty self-explanatory.
- The Goldfinch. Described as “a mesmerizing, stay-up-all-night and tell-all-your-friends triumph, an old-fashioned story of loss and obsession, survival and self-invention, and the ruthless machinations of fate,” it only made sense that I try to tackle this read on our a whirlwind trip.
- Bare Minerals Moxie Lip Gloss in Dare Devil. The perfect addition of color to a weary traveler’s face.